Registered Behavior Technician – San Leandro, California
Up to $1,500 signing bonus for Registered Behavioral Technicians!**
Emerging Milestones (EM) is a premier provider in delivering in-home based ABA services in San Leandro, California and the greater Bay Area since 2008. At EM you will have the opportunity to work with families in real world settings, and put in place intervention programs that focus on improving the client’s quality of life. You will be doing this with a team of dedicated leaders, and support staff to help meet each client’s individual needs. “Milestones are the moments we live for!” Emerging Milestones recognizes and understands the challenges Behavioral Technicians face in this industry. For example, Emerging Milestones is one of very few providers which encourages and offers Full-Time employment! EM provides opportunities for professional growth, and support in reaching your goals.
Behavior Technician Job Description:
Emerging Milestones Behavioral Technician’s goal is to enhance the autonomy and quality of life of individuals, and the family/caregivers that support them. Our board certified behavioral analysts create individualized intervention/ behavior support plans using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) for each client in enrolled in our intensive ABA program and it is the responsibility of the behavior technician to work with caregivers, and their program supervisors, to put in place strategies within this plan and achieve the desired outcomes.
Benefits for Registered Behavior Technician RBT:
- Very Competitive Wages! Hourly range depending on experience and employee availability
- Health + Dental Insurance (for Full Time employees)
- Paid Drive Time, and mileage reimbursement in between clients.
- Retirement Benefits – Simple IRA with 3% company match!
- Paid Sick Hours (start accruing on day 1)
- Full Time OR Part Time Positions available, Flexible work schedules
- BCBA program fee reimbursement offered/ Educational Stipend (for full-time employees towards BCBA certification)
- Board Certificated Behavior Analyst supervision hours provided
- Offer a range of growth and professional development opportunities: grow as a professional in the field – become a Qualified Autism Services Practitioner (BCBA), Case Manager, Program Supervisor, and more!
Behavior Technician- RBT Responsibilities:
- 1:1 intervention services based on ABA principles for children 18 months – 12 years old
- Assisting in restructuring factors and activities to support the clients’ and reduce maladaptive behaviors
- Teaching skills that allow the individual to communicate and/or function more effectively
- Review behavior plans and other instructional materials developed by Board Certified Behavior Analysts and/ or Licensed Clinical Psychologists
- Facilitate consistent implementation of the behavior plan, and monitor outcomes.
- Implementing behavioral procedures for acquisition of replacement skills and reduction of problematic behaviors
- Data collection for child’s progress and session notes related to the implementation of the intervention plan
- Communicate openly with behavior analysts and regional coordinator, and scheduling staff
Behavior Technician – RBT Qualifications Requirements:
- A high school diploma and be at least 18 years of age.
- Completion of Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) / Board Certified Autism Technician (BCAT) certification.
- Valid Active Autism Technician Certificate Number (BCAT or RBT) with BICC or BACB
- A high school diploma and be at least 18 years of age (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, early childhood education/development, or related field, or near completion of a bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills, problem-solving
- Bilingual (preferred/ not required)
- Completion of all training requirements per Emerging Milestones requirements.
- Proven ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Experience in working with individuals on the autism spectrum, or other developmental disabilities
- Clear FBI/ DOJ background check
- Provide/obtain proof of negative TB, and MMR and Varicella vaccinations and/or titers;
- Complete CPR/ First Aid training (provided by the Emerging Milestones)
- Experience working with children -preferably children with special needs (preferred)
Behavior Technician Physical Requirements:
- Physical Competence/Health Screening required.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time, stand for up to 6-8 hours a day.
- Frequent bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, twisting in order to observe, assess, interact with clients.
- Occasional sitting and maintaining close visual attention to write reports and work at the computer.
- Ability to physically implement behavior management strategies /responding to physically aggressive behavior.
- Frequent driving (to and from office and/or client homes).
- Possible occasional lifting, carrying, and loading/unloading toys and materials up to and including 25 lbs. to 50 lbs.
- Frequent exposure to disability disorders in clients
- Frequent work inside client homes; possible work in outdoor settings.
** Up to $1,500 Signing Bonus for Registered Behavioral Technicians! Conditions apply, must have valid and active Technician Certificate Number (BCAT or RBT) with Behavioral Intervention Certification Council (BICC) or Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB); and depending on experience and employee availability (Full Time/ Part-Time/ etc.) Please contact Emerging Milestones for additional details!
Our exceptional team is actively hiring local students and graduates in San Leandro, California as Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT), Behavioral Interventions (BI), and Board Certified Autism Technicians (BCAT) to work with our clients diagnosed with Autism in the home and community settings in San Leandro, California, located in the East Bay region of the Bay Area. Zip Codes: 94577, 94578, 94579
Emerging Milestones provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please submit your resume now to be considered for a Registered Behavior Technician position with Emerging Milestones, a leader in Autism services in San Leandro, and the greater Bay Area.
|Job Category||Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)|